Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Unconscious Beginning of a Lovely Journey

If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.”-Win Borden


How do you know?  Within this past year, I find myself asking this question to people that I encounter.  How do you know that you love someone?  How do you know that a person is right for you?  How do you know that this person is "The One?"
I began to search for my own answers to these questions  when I stumbled into love with a wonderful person.  I found myself fighting against love and hiding from the commitment of loving someone without a sense of fear.  I have found myself mesmerized with his himness, and I realized that I needed to actively search for questions and answers about infatuation, love, lust, marriage, sex, and everything in between.


I have found that the best way to understand something about this world is to feel and empathize with the experiences of others.  There can be no hatred where there is an inch of understanding; to wish to experience eros, or romantic, love, you need to love yourself and all of the people around you.  So in order to start a search to find my own answers about loving someone,  I began by sitting with bosses, family, co-workers, teachers, mentors, and friends and asking them the questions that I am sure everyone has thought.  How do you love yourself?  How do you love your significant other?  How did you fall in love?  How do you know that you love someone?

I know that there is no right answer to this question, and that is the beauty of these questions.  The diversity in which someone can experience and understand love is what makes the act of love so profound and inspiring.  I wish to seek out the questions that only one person can answer for themselves because each person's experience in this world builds a mosaic of what we know as life.


Having gained insight from listening to people tell their stories of love,  I quickly realized that this story would not end in my own understanding of love after empathizing with other people.  These stories are worth sharing, and the powerful words of acceptance, appreciation, and soul searching are not something that I should keep to myself.  If there is one thing that I can firmly believe that I am called to do in this world, it is to spread the love that I feel for myself and my loved ones, and to help other people see the love in this world.  I am here to share the stories of unique loves, so that I can help build the pieces of the colorful and awe-inspiring mosaic we call life in this world.




No comments:

Post a Comment